I just wanted to take a minute to recap last weekend's very successful CTS #7 event.
It all started /evening with the annual Monkey Nut shop party and open house. We had a couple hundred folks come through and enjoy the nice weather, good food, and excellent company! I wanted to thank all those that came out and appreciated everyone keeping the neighborhood clean - that was a big help for sure...
After the traditional morning cruise to Bojangles, the buses started rolling into the show . We had approximately 84 buses at the event and the most swap vendors we have ever had!
In typical CTS fashion we had a number of award winners this year and here they are:
- Best Split Window Camper went to Brad Westy for his gorgeous 62
- Best Split Passenger went to Rick Bradshaw for his red and white late split deluxe
- Best Bay Window Passenger went to Wayne Hendrick for his Yellow 71 bus
- Best Bay Camper went to Susan Ireton, owner of a beautiful white 70 Westy, .
- Best Commercial All Years went to Bob LaPorte for his outstanding 67 double cab
- People's Choice Award went to John Harper for his OG 54 Deluxe
- Tetanus Award went to for his rusty 62/63 Kombi
- Long Distance Award goes to Detroit Johnny who cruised over 1000 miles one way from northern Michigan in his 70 Westy.
After the show, a few of us cruised up to the Farmhouse Restaurant in Salisbury for dinner on the way up to the Big Bug Shootout. Stormy weather scared off the faint of heart, but there was still a good turnout for Sunday's event at Piedmont Dragway.
A huge thanks to all who helped to make this weekend's worth of events happen, there is now way it could get done without you!
Here are just a few folks to thank for their efforts when you see them - Bryan and Regina Mitchell for getting this whole thing started and keeping it going; Walter, Scott, and Bill for great PR work as well as event parking; Colby, Greg, Shane, Shawn, and Joe for countless hours cleaning and organizing; the T-shirt girls Teresa, Laura, and Missy for moving that cotton; Missy and Andrew for the awards; Bryan S. for loaning many items from his work; and Adam for jump starting cars...
Hope everyone had a great time and I look forward to CTS #8!
Keep on v-dubbin',
Click here to see event photos posted to thesamba.com